Pulilab is a digital product design and software development company based in Budapest.
We have recently transitioned to remote agency. Although it was planned, it is accelerated by the current global situation, and now we are looking for the next team member to join our backend team. We are historically and happily bound to Python, and Django is deployed in countless projects, serving valiantly as the core of our technology-stack.
In Pulilab we mainly serve as agency for clients such as W.H.O and Unicef, where we are involved with their innovation department on prototyping informatics based websites, internal administration tools and platforms with global footprint ( https://digitalatlas.who.int/ is developed and maintained by Pulilab )
We also dedicate a portion of our resources and time to build our own products. We have a wide portfolio of business-cases. Currently we are focusing on launching a product to meet demand for COVID-19 testing.
The common denominator in all of projects in Pulilab is the high complexity. Our approach is to only take on external projects, if they have an interesting angle.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
Your main responsibilities will be building, maintaining and expanding our Django products alongside our python seniors. It’s essential that you can learn fast, function and contribute, like the rest of the members in our highly efficient and tight development team.
We have a very strong belief in freedom under responsibility. You will be given full control over your workday and at the same time you will be expected to commit, and stick to your commitments. Onboarding will be quick and learning curve steep. You will be guided and helped every time you ask, but we do expect you to arrive here with a strong opinion about quality, frameworks, technologies, paradigms and design-patterns. If you have architectural experience it will be appreciated and come in handy.
A BIT ABOUT YOU:
You must be interested in the whole web-stack. Skills you should need to have:
- You are a senior Python developer with extensive experience with Django.
- You have experience building REST frameworks.
- You have in-depth experience with unit- and browser-testing.
- You know your celery task queues.
- You know your bash/sh/zsh...
- You have the Ability to manage and manipulate a Docker stack.
- You have your own opinions about what is good quality and you always strive for that, but because you are agile you can accept to create. some technical debts to solve a critical issue if it is required to meet short-term business goals.
- You are able to communicate your ideas clearly in English. Both written and verbal.
- You are responsible for your own time, and expected to manage workplace and worktime by yourself without compromising company workflow.
It would be an advantage for you to have one or more of the following ( please make sure to note in your application):
- Experience with Angular and/or React
- Cordova / Phonegap
- WebSockets and/or Firebase
- System administration background
- Scrum certificates
- Machine learning
- Interesting projects - When you’re not researching Virtual Reality technologies or figuring out how to stabilize the 4G connection to a delivery drone, you will probably be working on projects that are saving children through the work we do for Unicef, W.H.O and PATH.org :) All the projects have a web-component to it and most have have a secondary piece, such as a hardware integration, or research element. No two projects are alike.
- Cutting edge technologies. We use modern frameworks, conform to new standards and build all our products using new technologies whenever it makes sense. We have ongoing projects where we apply VUE.js, quasar, Angular, Polymer, React and Nuxt
- Freedom. You have your right to choose place and time of your work.
- On Location Company parties. Being remote it's important to gather and socialise periodically on a location. Due to the current circumstances (Coronavirus ) all physical activities are postponed, but when we meet we will probably do some kind of combination of: Steak Nights, Delivery doughnuts, Drone Flying, Gym sessions, ping-pong, karaoke, birthday celebration, board game night, escape rooms... ).
- Travel opportunities. You should expect to travel for work-duty 5-10 days / quarter, both to gather for onsite team activities, but also as part of working with W.H.O. Sometimes you will be required at workshops in exotic places like Kenya, Tanzania, Nepal, Bangladesh, Thailand, Amsterdam and New York.
- Startup culture that makes sense in a flat organization. We have a light atmosphere and no stupid rules.
- Class A team to work with, we’re all are smart, spirited and creative people.
- International & young team. Average age is 30 and currently 5 nationalities.
HOW TO APPLY:
All application material (CV with NET salary expectation) must be submitted in English to email@example.com.
Insufficient applications will not be considered.